Senior Lecturer, Writing in the Disciplines and Outreach Coordinator
University Writing Program
302 Tigert Hall
PO Box 112020
352-846-1138 / 352-294-2936
- Ph.D., Linguistics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1998
- MAT, English as a Second Language, School for International Training, Brattleboro, VT, 1991
- BA, Language, Culture, and Society, New College, Sarasota, FL, 1987
- Information Literacy – what are “best practices” for helping students attain higher levels of ability to filter, control, and manipulate information?
- Literacy Practices of Health Practitioners – what do practicing clinicians really do in terms of professional literacy work?
- Writing Science – what processes can increase a researcher’s publishing productivity?
- Discourse Linguistics – (a long standing interest) – what language and cognitive structures govern language output in connected text/speech?
- Applied Linguistics – how does theoretical knowledge translate into practice?